Trem Arm Bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Arm Bushing

I have a couple of Charvel labeled Schaller trems that have a bit of wiggle in the arm before it moves the trem - even when the collar is screwed in as tight as it can go. I like the arm to be loose so that it swings but doesn't have any slop/wiggle.

I was going to get a couple of new arm couplings but just saw this pic.

Anyone know if this bushing will get rid of the slop?

If so, where do I get some?

If not, any other ideas?

Thanks

Schaller and Floyd Rose tremolo arms have metal pin bushing. Cheap korean/chinese ones have plastic bushings and they have almost always some slack if you don´t wrap some PTFE tape on it.

I think Schaller/OFR trem arm should not have any wiggle if it is new or in good shape.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Interesting, now I've seen another like that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-Double-T...EAAOSwxN5WT9Qy

Frankly I don't think the original Floyd design with those pins is that great. Perhaps a cheap Chinese bushing can tighten them up.

Comment

I have replaced all my FRT and Special trem arms and collars (plastic bushings) with Schallers (same as OFR, pin bushing) and they are much better. Those FRT and Special arms are really wobbly compared to made in Germany parts.
        Last edited by Zedder; 02-23-2016, 05:54 AM.
        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Working...
        X