Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument cables

What's up everyone?
    Anyone else notice any differences in overall sound quality when using different Instrument cables? I like how Whirlwinds sound vs many other brands I have used. I'm wondering if I should buy a few different levels and sit down and listen to each cable to see if they make tonal differences.
    I'm one of those Tone chaser Nut cases.

yup...started for me with the horizon steve vai cable...it was a thicker gauge wire and i felt the tone was clearer and a tad more powerful because of it...diff companies cables do sound different to me...tried a rapco roadhog...sounded awful with my guitar but gret with my 5 string bass...still trying to figure that one out...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Never really noticed a tone difference but definite quality and longevity differences.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I've found that cables with a 90* connector on one end last a lot longer when you use the 90 on the guitar end.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I got a good deal on Mogami cables when Music Zoo had them on sale.

I use Lava Cables on my pedalboard because I can cut them to size.

Also used DiMarzio guitar cables for a long time.

Comment

Is there a difference between a cheap cable and a quality cable? Yes.

Is there a difference between a cheap connector and a quality connector? Yes.

Do I think there is a difference between quality cables? Not really.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

never noticed any tone difference with a good cheap cable or a good pricy cable, but bad cables and extreme cable length yes.

Comment

I really never noticed much of a difference until I got a few Spectraflex cables a while ago. Sounded way clearer than any other cables I had which were mostly the $10 ones from GC.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                  never noticed any tone difference with a good cheap cable or a good pricy cable, but bad cables and extreme cable length yes.
                  Well, yeah... I should have mentioned that I'm talking about 15'-20' cables. You can notice the difference between good and cheap, but I've had several brands of nice long cables, the only difference being how durable they were...
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you can hear the difference between two expensive cables from different manufacturers
                    ....One of them isn't worth a dime
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Not sure if you guys watch "that pedal show", I think it's bloody brilliant. In this week's they discuss difference between cable thickness and length at some... Length...

Comment

Originally posted by sharpjimbo View Post
                        Not sure if you guys watch "that pedal show", I think it's bloody brilliant. In this week's they discuss difference between cable thickness and length at some... Length...

Excellent dude, thank you for sharing. This is a cool show. I plan on watching all the back episodes. Awesome man!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X