Replacement bridge for Charvel Model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement bridge for Charvel Model 5

I have a 87 Charvel Model 5 with a german floyd on it but the high E string saddle screw seems to be stripped. The saddle keeps going loose under standard tuning string tension.I figure this means the baseplate threads are stripped? What would be a good replacement bridge without totally blowing the budget? Schaller, Gotoh, OG Floyd?

any of the above should fit. I have saved these German Floyd schallers before buy getting a standard thread allen screw that is just a little bigger and re threading the base plate. I have also when clearance allowed, used a longer metric screw with a nut on the bottom. Either of these fixes will make it good as new for cheap. you can do all 6 if you want it to look un altered.

Comment

Make sure it is actually the base plate threads and not the saddle screw threads that are stripped. The screw is easily replaced.

Slightly off topic, but the JT6 never has this issue on account of those replaceable nuts.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I will mess with this bridge and see if I can fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X