Trem Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Swap

I have a JT6 on a non-recessed route. Completely on top of the body. Lock after the nut.
    I have a JT580LP on a recessed route. Completely recessed, not just the pullup. Locking nut.

Can I swap the two?
    If yes, is it a direct drop, or do I need to change mounting studs (and inserts) too?

Can I put one on but not the other?
    Will the nut make a difference?
    Does the radius (which should be the same) or other neck dimensions make a difference?

Any other answers that I need to know but do not have enough knowledge to even know to ask the question?

Well, the JT6 uses a 42mm block, and what guitar it's on will have more tilt back on the neck. The JT580LP uses a 32mm block and would have a straighter neck since it's recessed. If you can swap blocks, you should be fine.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

^^
      Yup blocks will be different sizes.

Comment

I put a square baseplate JT580LP on my model 6. Fit great except some say it may touch the treble side of the route. You'll have to try. And needed a 42mm block of course. (Brass one from hockey of ebay).
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

End result ----
          I didn't like how close to the body the 580lp was on the back end. I didn't think it would give a lot of pull up and would probably end up damaging the finish.

So, F'it.

Comment

That's the other concern with the LP - those bent arms that come out the back. On some models, if the recess wasn't deep enough, you had to shim the neck to get really low action, since you couldn't lower it enough to get pull-ups.

However, the JT-6 in a recessed route would make it difficult to reach the fine tuners out the back, as they're in the hole.

The good news is that an OFR will replace both, though you might wanna do something about the retard-nut.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X