DK2M Neck on a Pro Mod body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M Neck on a Pro Mod body?

Hello all! Haven't been on here in awhile, been busy with school and stuff. I hope all has been well

Anyways, I've had an interesting project in the back of mind for the past few years but only really thought about it recently. I've always wanted to nab myself a DK2M neck and stick it on a Pro Mod body (notably the So Cal). My question is, has anyone tried this? If so, how was it? And would the 24 fret neck fit the pocket? lol.
    I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
    ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
    Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
    Blackstar Soloist HT60
    Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
    Seymour Duncan 805

Pocket & heel probably won't go together without work but the Charvel is 22 fret so it won't intonate. The other thing that may or may not cause grief is the Charvel is top mount, DK is recessed, neck angle comes into play here.

Comment

You'd have to cut into the body and neck heel considerably to make it work. The 24 fret neck heel is wider than the 22 fret heel, and thus wider than the pocket. As well, to get the intonation right, you'd either have to shave the end of the heel down about 1" or cut the rear of the pocket deep enough for the neck to intonate. By that point, the 24th fret covers the neck pickup.

The worst thing is that you'll have to cut deep into the horn to reach the 24th fret.

As for the neck angle, the extra thickness of the heel may compensate for that. If not, you can always shim the heel, or cut the body for a recessed trem.

Either way, it would be less expensive and time-consuming to find a 22 fret maple-boarded neck for the body. I think there was at least one Model series model that had one.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can't vouch for their quality, but a 22 fret DK2M-style neck can be had from dragonfireguitars.com -

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/Jac...Rose-30000.htm

Comment

Working...
        X