Putting a fusion neck on a 25.5 body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a fusion neck on a 25.5 body?

Would a 24.75" Fusion Pro neck work with a paulownia strat body that is 25.5"? Or possibly the body from a Dean Vendetta?(also paulownia) Basically I'm looking to make my own custom lightweight Jackson due to a back injury.

No you can't interchange necks and bodies with different scale length's. To use a Fusion neck on a 25.5" body you would have to modifiy the body by re routing the neck pocket 3/4" closer to the bridge.

Comment

Only if you mount it so it is 24.75" from the nut to the saddles of the bridge, if not you will never get it intonated. this means you will have to do some wood work!

Comment

Or if the 25.5 originally had a 22 fret neck & the Fusion neck is 24, it might just work. But your pocket & heel are unlikely to match well enough anyway.

Comment

Been eyeing a Fusion neck and thinking about building a body that would work with it.
          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

You are asking for a pain in your ass to go with that pain in your back.

Comment

I hate light guitars. If you get a really wide strap the weight issue really reduces. Might be worth a try

Comment

Hole saw of different sizes and make a "Swiss Cheese" body.
                Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  You are asking for a pain in your ass to go with that pain in your back.
                  ^ this.

You might want to try to look for a Jackson Stealth. Those had slimline bodies and are a bit lighter than most standard Jacksons.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah the intonation will never be there. The suggestion of the stealth is good
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                      Or if the 25.5 originally had a 22 fret neck & the Fusion neck is 24, it might just work. But your pocket & heel are unlikely to match well enough anyway.
                      NO! The number of frets does not govern scale length!
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        NO! The number of frets does not govern scale length!
                        I think what force is thinking is that a 24 fret neck is longer then a 22 fret, so the 24 fret 24 3/4 neck may be close enough in length to be used on a 22 fret 25 1/2 scale body. but it will not work with out wood work. I took a quick look at my fusion( 24.75 from nut to low e saddle, 24.185 to Floyd post, 18.5 from nut to 24 fret) and a 475 model (25.5 from nut to low e saddle, 25 from nut to Floyd post, 18.312 to 22nd fret from nut)

Comment

Right, you'd have to completely modify the body and or the neck. Heck, you can mate any neck to any body, but the scale length has nothing to do with the number of frets! Try it and it will sound like cats mating, trust me.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Altering the neck pocket is a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X