No announcement yet.

EMG 85/SA/SA Solderlesd Wiring for SL1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 85/SA/SA Solderlesd Wiring for SL1?

I am having trouble wiring the EMG 3 pickup 5 way selector kit. The 1 vol, 1 tone instructions still show two tones or one vol, one tone and one accessory pot. I get that you can daisy chain from the vol to the tone but the guitar sounds like something is missing in the low highs on the bridge pickup and low output on the neck. I bypass the tone and everything is good. Tried another tone pot and same problem. Emailed EMG a couple of days ago but have not heard back. Has anyone else installed EMG with the wiring kit? Did you have the same problem?
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

EMG sent me the instructions for my application. I had it correct but still sounds thin on the 1-3 strings.

Comment

I have four soloists with the solderless 81/sa/sa kit (except i have replaced the 81:s with 58:s) and tried a few different configurations with the tone pots.
      I ended upp with using one tone for each SC and nothing on the HB.

Comment

I thought about just not using the tone on any of the pickups since I never touch the tone. Hell, I hardly touch the pickup selector.
        Originally posted by 1337storm View Post
        I have four soloists with the solderless 81/sa/sa kit (except i have replaced the 81:s with 58:s) and tried a few different configurations with the tone pots.
        I ended upp with using one tone for each SC and nothing on the HB.

Comment

Working...
        X