Cheap Electronic Drum Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Electronic Drum Kit

Just need one to have around for some jam sessions and to mess with in the studio. Are there any suggestions? Just bare bones to have around.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

No machine necessary

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/146...bo?highlight=0

Comment

While that intrigues me I am looking for a physical kit. I have friends that play that come over and I once upon a time played. That being said I wouldn't mind that program.

Comment

New or used?
        Here's a pic of my Roland TD9 setup. I've added some cymbals.
        I'd recommend speakers no bigger than 12 inch. I ran them through a 15 inch bass amp for a while and the toms were too bassy. The two 12 inch powered speakers I'm using now offer a much better mix of the overall kit.

If there's one thing I'd offer as advice: Get a kit that incorporates and actual bass drum pedal.
        Those pedals similar the hi hat pedal in my pic...in my experience... aren't great for a bass pedal, though they're sufficient for a hi hat. They feel like crap compared to an actual bass pedal and jump all over the place when playing with moderate to hard force. I suppose you could anchor it with velcro or something. They function well, but they're really light.

A decent used set of Rolands with a pedal should be found in the $5-600 range. I'm not familiar with the other brands...Alesis, Yamaha etc, but they may be more affordable than Rolands.

[IMG][/IMG]
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have this set at home. It don't look like much but it really works and sounds good for a cheap set. have had it a couple of years with no problems. http://www.proaudiostar.com/yamaha-d...FQcYHwodlikBAw

Comment

Yeah used is fine. Of the two I think I like the Roland because it has the response looking heads. Thanks for the input. I have 12's so that will work.

Comment

If you go new, don't go "too cheap". A few years back, I bought for one of my son a cheap-new-don't-remember-the-brand-made-in-china e-drum kit. I sounded quite good for the price. Back then, I didn't want to invest as I didn't know if he was serious about it. Well, when he really got into it, the cymbals died after a few months. And replacing them was more expensive than grabbing a somewhat-decent used acoustic kit.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
              X