Rack spacers because I didn't measure twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack spacers because I didn't measure twice

This is either going to be really easy or impossible. I have a piece of 19" rackmount equipment that's slightly too deep for my rack. It's on the very bottom, so it is fully supported. I need a way to bring it forward about one inch. So I guess I need rackmount screws that are 1" longer, and 1" hollow spacer tube thingies that would be inserted between the equipment and the rack that the screws would go through. Any ideas? I'm not that adept at fabricating stuff. I need Amazon part numbers.

Take the screws to Home Depot and match them up with the length you need. Then buy some small diameter plastic pipe and cut to the needed length. Easy.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
      Take the screws to Home Depot and match them up with the length you need. Then buy some small diameter plastic pipe and cut to the needed length. Easy.
      OK so my other requirement is that my end result can't at first glance look like I used Home Depot parts.

So I think rack screws are 10-32 x .75". So I need 10-32 x 1.75". HD might have something close, but probably not in black and they won't have the right head on them. Those rack screws have a dome head I think (b).

Comment

Take the screws to HD or a specialty place like Fastenal to get the correct ones you need. While you're there you can find small diameter aluminum or nylon spacers to the lengths you need like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/aluminum%2520spacer?NCNI-5
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
          Take the screws to HD or a specialty place like Fastenal to get the correct ones you need. While you're there you can find small diameter aluminum or nylon spacers to the lengths you need like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/aluminum%2520spacer?NCNI-5
          Cool thanks for the link to the spacers. One of those might work. Fastenal is definitely the place for screws. I'm checking them out now. Looks like I may have to go to a hex drive screw for that length. They do have it in black, though.

Comment

Is your rack pre threaded??

Mine were oversized unthreaded holes. I used a threaded insert **LIKE THESE** that clamped in place. It would make buying the right screw a lot easier if you could just buy the matching insert.

My suggestion would be ---
            whatever type of spacer you get, make sure there is a a piece of rubber on either side.

check this page for ideas

Comment

Working...
            X