Guitar case lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar case lining

Anyone know where to get guitar cast lining online? Soot got into three guitar cases when we had our house fire in May. I'm pulling all the lining out and want to replace it myself. I though about buying some more of the stuff I used on before but it was too expensive. It would cost me almost $100 per case if I used that stuff again. I'd like to find somewhere online that sells it for a decent price. Does anyone know of a place to get the Black or Grey lining that most cases use?
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

The nice part about doing just the lining (vs making the molding for a different body style) is the fact that you can go to any craft or fabric store and buy exactly what you would want. Patterns. Designs. Furry.

Comment

I looked into this a while back. Seems like there's no de-facto place to get it. Craft stores all have a number of fabric options, some are quite sheer, some not. Lots of info out there about what kind of adhesive to use (or not). I wish someone would really detail the hell out of this along with instructions. I ordered some swatches from an online dealer but have yet to order full sheets of the stuff.

Comment

Yes, glue!!!
        Pay attention to the glue. You don't want something that is going to melt in the summer heat. It will get all over everything. Could even seep through and get on the outside of the case, and then every time you go to pick it up you get sticky hands.

Comment

I modified a case to fit my ESP and had to redo some of the fabric. Check out this thread for pics, http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/139...ect?highlight= I bought it at a local fabric store and used the proper glue. However, the softer type fabric that has enough stretch to it isn't cheap. And the proper glue isn't exactly super cheap either. I have 3 cases that need done and I don't know if it'll even be cost effective to even bother
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
          X