Putting a Floyd on a Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a Floyd on a Les Paul

Perhaps I should have posted this in the Guitars from other Manufactures section, if so, please accept my apologies.

I was thinking, would it be possible to buy a cheap Les Paul studio and put a Floyd on it? I mean, yes, I know it is possible, but how much work would be involved? What challenges would you have on installation and would it sound awesome or just ok?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Radiohead; 10-18-2015, 08:20 AM.

The old adage applies ---
    if you don't know how much work would be involved, it's too much.

Good news though. Floyd Rose now has a GLP model that involves no body modification.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 10-18-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tre...frx-series/frx

Comment

Not only that, Gibson now sells the LP Studio with factory fitted Floyd. I have found that big mods like that can be expensive, but you will find the tone and playability about the same as before the mod. LP's sound great with Floyds, and if you have a good one and get it Floyded, it will still sound and play just as good.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'd go with the FRX just to save the extra expense.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you're not dead set on a Floyd, how 'bout a Stetsbar? Zero modification and
            not too expensive. I've been thinking of putting one on a SG I have...

Comment

Working...
            X