Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEQ3 wiring help

Hello,

New to the forum and I'm after some help installing a Jackson/Duncan-designed BEQ3 pre-amp/EQ that I bought.

I've found diagrams for other "BEQ3"'s but they have a concentric pot and some do/don't have the toggle switch. This one has five regular pots and the switch. Been emailing Seymour Duncan but they haven't been able to help so far... Can anyone help me?

I'd just like to find out where I'm soldering the jack, battery and pickups to (plus any additional ground wires)?

Thanks in advance

Haven't had the pleasure myself, but carefully inspect the boards for 3 solder points next to each other. These should be for the jack (tip = hot, sleeve = ground, ring = battery ground).

The pickups will probably go to the blend pot board.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc, will take another look but didn't seen anything obvious before.

There are two wires loose wires (black and white) twisted together coming off, what I believe to be, the master volume pot. I had suspected these were the ground and hot to the jack. But there's no clue as to where the battery (hot) goes.

Comment

Right... On closer inspection, I can see markers on the blend pot board - N, B and +9V...

I assume that the pickups (hot) go on the respective N/B (oblong) points on the board, and the same with the battery (hot) - opposite the existing red wire (also marked +9V) which goes to the main pre-amp board. Pickup ground wiring to side of pot?

Comment

What bass did that come out of?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            What bass did that come out of?
            Unknown, I'm afraid. The preamp kit was bought as seen in the top photo. Advertised as "Jackson/Duncan designed BEQ3". I've seen it in KBX1 and some Concert basses.

Comment

Working...
            X