Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sully Guitars 2016 Tribute series info and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully Guitars 2016 Tribute series info and more!

Here we go!

Over the years, I've wanted to build some guitars as tributes to the guitar players whom I've held near and dear. That idea in itself is easy enough, but I didn't want to just make a copy of something - that'd be boring - I wanted to blend the idea in with the guitars that I build. A very Sully spin, if you will.

I'm really excited to share this project with you; the first of a series of guitars to be built annually with only five guitars to be built in this initial batch. While these guitars will come with some great extras and case candy (more on that later), I'm ELATED to announce that they will be painted by the man who painted Randy's original white prototype v!

SPECS:

Construction: Set neck

Body/neck wood: Mahogany body, maple neck included. Lightweight Spanish Cedar body and neck available (+$150) For those unfamiliar with Spanish Cedar, it's tonally similar to mahogany but with a bit more snap. It's also lighter in weight than Mahogany, so it's got that going for it; which is nice.

Fretboard wood: Ebony

Inlay: Hollow blocks in white Mother of Pearl shell

Frets: Your choice of medium or jumbo stainless steel

Fretboard radius: 12-16 compound radius

Binding: White (around fretboard only)

Tuners: Hipshot locking

Pickups: Habanero "secret menu" humbucker in the bridge, Habanero classic humbucker in neck (Habanero Guitar Parts pickups are a subsidiary of GJ2 Guitars by Grover Jackson)

Controls: Your choice of Volume/Volume/3 way toggle or Volume/Tone/3 way toggle

Bridge: NOS Charvel style six screw tremolo with noiseless springs or Floyd Rose tremolo with upgrades from FU-Tone (+$250)

Hardware color: Brass (where available)

Finish: Blizzard White with pinstripes and matching headstock in black/blue pearl (fun fact: the original white prototype V didn't have black stripes or a black headstock! It was black with blue pearl mixed in). The guitar will have a gloss urethane topcoat; if you prefer a satin feel on the neck, you can choose that option (+$150).

Serial: JS-2016-x

Price: $3450

EXTRAS

I've got some ideas for some seriously cool case candy/extras, but for now, I'll share that each guitar will come with a photo album made by yours truly documenting the construction process as well as a run specific serial number that buyers will have the option to reserve for future runs. The serial numbers will be assigned in order of purchase, so that that means if you're the first to order, you start out with JS-2016-1 as your serial number. You have the opportunity to secure your serial number in advance for the next run for an additional, fully refundable $250. Buyers will be able to follow along with the build progress in a Facebook group reserved only for participants in the run.

CONDITIONS

A deposit of $500 is all you need to reserve your guitar. After the deposit is received, subsequent monthly payments of $200 will begin in October. I regretfully cannot accept kidneys or first born children as payments, no matter how well they can sand or scrape binding. The guitars are expected to have a six to eight month turnaround time, and the remaining balance will be due at time of completion.

To learn more and get your own, check out the website here.

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

They nailed the blue/black thing, I'd say!

Almost done!
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Brilliant Sully

Comment

Wow!
        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Dude! Outstanding!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Love the vibe, you nailed it!

Comment

Thanks so much!
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Done, and going home tomorrow.

I did a live broadcast from The Guitar Sanctuary and had my pal Clint play it. You can watch it here if you like

Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                X