Kahler Trem Problem. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Trem Problem. Need help

I need to tune the fine tuner for my high E string higher in order to get to pitch but its tightened all the way. How do i fix this?

Can't read your black font on black back ground.

What type of Kahler? There are several different designs - 2500, Steeler, Killer, 2300 flat mount, Flyer?

Comment

If I understand what you're asking, I'd say unlock your top nut, loosen the high E fine tuner down to about the middle and use your regular tuner on the headstock to get back up to pitch. Then re-lock your nut and you're back to having room to adjust with the fine tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxsnake View Post
        If I understand what you're asking, I'd say unlock your top nut, loosen the high E fine tuner down to about the middle and use your regular tuner on the headstock to get back up to pitch. Then re-lock your nut and you're back to having room to adjust with the fine tuner.
        Yup ^ that's how ya do it.
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

As to not being able to read txt from new users on the forum. I noticed when I first signed up the default settings of the forum txt are the same as the back grounds. In the profile area they are white on white or black on black and if you go to some of the profiles on the site you can not see any info unless you highlight it.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Thanks everybody, ive already tried what you guys are saying though, but there is no increase in string tension when tightening or decease in string tension when loosening the fine tuner on this string. It doesnt do anything. I cant seem to figure it out.

Comment

can you take some pictures and post em? you'll have to use a site like photo bucket.
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

So, what you're saying is ----
                Your fine tuner is broken in some way.

Comment

More like the saddle arm is jammed down from the fine tuner being cranked and cranked again.

You might have to take the Kahler apart and unstick whatever's stuck.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by jmd View Post
                    thanks everybody, ive already tried what you guys are saying though, but there is no increase in string tension when tightening or decease in string tension when loosening the fine tuner on this string. It doesnt do anything. I cant seem to figure it out.
                    What type of kahler is it???

Spyders had a retarded coil spring in the fine tuner that could tip over sideways. A coil spring doesn't work lying on its side.

Comment

Working...
                    X