Jackson SL1 Pickup Height Adjustment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL1 Pickup Height Adjustment Question

Hi all, can the middle single coil on an SL1 Soloist be lowered to be just about even with the body? Since it has no mounting rings, I'm not sure if that is possible, and I'd need to get it out of the way of my pick. Thanks.

I don't think it can.
    Nor would I have the guts to try it on one of mine.

It can go low. It can be out of your way. But not THAT low.

Comment

I do not know with your Jackson, but the Charvel model series had some foam under the middle pickup that could be removed to gain a small amount of clearance, but I am with pianoguyy, they would not go below the deck. I always had issues with that on HSS guitars.

Comment

The lowest i could get my middle pup was about 3-4mm above the body on my model 3. I have the same issues with my pick hitting the pup, it clears it easy now.

Comment

My Soloist has silicon tubing on the screws to give 'spring' that pushes the pickup upward. If you took that out it would slide to the bottom of the rout.
          Although you would want to bear in mind the length of the screws before you go screwing them all the way down.

Comment

Thanks for the info, maybe an SL2H would be a safer bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Darden View Post
              Thanks for the info, maybe an SL2H would be a safer bet.
              Then you have the volume pot to contend with, and that isnt so easily lowered. Thats the only issue i have with my SL2H

Comment

Quite frankly, if your pick slapping a middle pickup when lowered as low as it goes...
                Change your playing technique.

I am guilty of if when it is level with the rest of them. But they shouldn't need lowering that much.

Comment

Working...
                X