Can a JE1200 go microphonic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a JE1200 go microphonic?

I am working at reviving my model 6 finally, and I think the JE1200 in it is having issues. When the guitar is plugged in with the battery in, I can tap anywhere on the body and it will go pretty loud through the amp. I replaced the bridge pickup and put it in another guitar. The other guitar does not have the microphonic issue. I just replaced the tone and volume pots, it's still there. I pulled the battery out and it went away, so I guess it is the JE1200. I love that mid boost circuit - is there a way I could repair it? I guess now I have to pull it all out and re-wire the guitar..... Now what should I do with the 3rd hole for the mid boost pot?

Really I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that I'm not crazy and that the JE1200 seems to be the problem.

the mid boost is a pre amp but really hard for it to pick up the guitar body sound with out the pickups picking it up I would think. did the replacement pick up make any change at all? maybe ground wires? is it possible the pickups are moving around in the body?

Comment

No change at all with the new pickup, and the old one in the new guitar is having 0 problems as well. The pickups are not moving around in the body, and if they were I can have the body sitting flat on the ground and just touch it and hear it. It would pick it up so loud that it would overpower the sound of the guitar while tapping.

Comment

While I am not electronics expert --- I find it hard to believe that it is the 1200. I believe that the 1200 could amplify what is present, but only if already present.
        So, check that everything is firmly secured. A rattle of a wire could do it. A loose screw holding the board in place.

As to the available hole ---
        killswitch engage

Comment

Working...
        X