Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wire diagram EMG 81 EMG SA Charvel Model 6???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire diagram EMG 81 EMG SA Charvel Model 6???

Hi guys im low on cash so i cant pay someone to do it.
    i really wanna put my 81 and SA back into my model 6 for a H S(neck) setup.

Mini toggles: mid will be setup to neck pup
    bridge switch as normal

Pots:
    Just vol n tone. Boost pot left as dummy for looks.

Heres wat i have hardware wise...
    EMG 81
    EMG SA
    Solderless wiring kit (includes pots and jack)

So im gonna need to do some soldering.

Ive not done anything outside of the woreless kit with installing it all into my jackson performer so as much help as needed .

This can be my project . I've had both pups in my axe before n loved it but then i went back to stock plus a j90c and im really not digging it.

Thanks JCF gangsters
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

I am an emg fan but have never used the solderless kit. I think you will need there pickup switch if you do not want to solder.

Comment

I have the solderless 81/85 set in my Kelly XL , I'd be happy to take some pics for ya and post em here.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I can connect em easy n they can still be soldered the only thing i need with is wiring the 2 mini toggles .

And confirmation on where to connect to on the solderless jack as per the solderless kit . The jack drawings make no sense to me on diagrams.
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

You connect the EMGs to the same places on the switches that you took the original pickups from.

For the jack, there are 3 tabs - ground, battery, and signal. If it's an open-frame jack where you can see where the plug touches, the ground wire goes to the tab that is part of the inner ring, the battery goes to the tab of the prong that touches the shaft, and the hot goes to the tab of the prong that touches the tip. Typically, these tabs are located directly across from their associated prong.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X