Jackson lfr fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson lfr fun

So I got a wild hair today while changing strings and tried to put a takiuchi steel block on a jt580lp.
    If anyone is curious the holes are spaced much farther on the takiuchi and the diameter of the screws are much smaller so you would have to swap the base plate, tension plate, and block, or the whole trem I guess.

I just felt like experimenting, eventually plan to get an ofr so I can use a d-tuna but till then I guess I'll be rocking a brushed plate with black hw

I want to say the guitar sounds different unplugged but it could always just be the new strings. Wont be able to plug in till tomorrow, will post my thoughts on sound then
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

If the holes in the Takeuchi are smaller, you'd only be able to use the 580's saddles. Even then, the baseplate would have to be a low-profile type, and the fine tuners would have to be long enough to hit the saddle arms.

The good news is that an OFR should drop right into a 580LP route, since the back is long enough. Swapping Schaller 590s for OFRs is where you run into problems.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It is a takeuchi low profile as well.

it's hard to see but the tension plate is shorter, it doesn't seem to cause any problems though, both saddles seem to be the same length

I want to try a gotoh but some have said a d-tuna wouldn't fit if it's recessed. I think I read something about the place for the fine tuners being angled back on them so idk.
      Last edited by TKEblue; 06-29-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Ah, well, that's a different cow altogether, then.

D-Tunas need a surface-mount as I understand it, because they swing sideways. Can't swing if it's in a pocket.

Though I suppose someone could make one that was like the fork lock on a forklift - angled cut on the end so that you can twist it to set it in either position. Guess I just gave away yet another money-maker
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dang, you just ruined my day Newc. Hah
          That really would be the money maker too since most fr trems are recessed.

Suhr does a route for the d-tuna for a gotoh, it's pretty ugly though, imo.

Could you shim/get a longer block, raise the trem high enough, and shim a neck angle?
          Last edited by TKEblue; 06-29-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X