If i wanted to control volume and tone from a single pot location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i wanted to control volume and tone from a single pot location

I removed the volume knob, actually just taped it up and left it in the control cavity, because it is in exactly the wrong spot for my comfort. its a soloist slx with just a single volume and single tone.

could I operate both from the tone location with these two components?
    https://www.allparts.com/EP-4486-000...ot_p_1442.html
    https://www.allparts.com/MK-0138-003...bs_p_2280.html
    1959 Gibson ES175D natural/bigsby
    2012 Jackson Soloist SLX white Floyd Rose Special
    2012 Jackson RRXMG Matte Black Floyd Rose Special
    2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

yes that would work if connected properly!!!

Comment

thank you sir!!! I figure I can just basically copy how each pot is hooked up now on the 2 different decks of the new one. if im seeing it right I believe it should be that easy....

im so used to playing les paul style, and other Gibson guitars that ive got used to resting my fingers right where the volume was.
      2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

I had that trouble with the volume local myself in 1990 I bought a charvel 475 special deluxe( my first Charvel) and had to move the volume control back to the tone control spot because I would rub my hand on it wile playing and turn the volume down(really embarassing playing live!!!!) but now I have grown to like it that close! of coarse you know that a soloist should be played full on, no need for controls, no brakes just gas LOL!!! but yes the wiring should be the same, just don't get them mixed up unless you are experienced with guitar wiring! as long as that soloist does not have a mid boost connected to the volume like a charvel model6 does, you can do it on them but things are a little different!

Comment

LOLZ!! ya, I play it turned all the way up. (it seems like turned down any little bit at all it not only loses volume but effects too.)

really I only want a volume so I can turn it down all the way if im talking. basically like just turning it off more or less.

I have no idea if it has a mid boost that you mention. but I don't think it does. its a solist slx which I think is the lowest grade of a soloist. when I got it (USED) the locking nut was WAY TOO TALL. I took it off while I was adjusting everything how I like and sanded down the nut shelf just slightly and it lowered down beautifully. it was so tall it was going sharp on any string fretted near the nut, but its perfect now.

as long as I don't have the mid boost I shouldn't have any problems. ive done a lot of soldering on rc cars and helicopters. if I have any problems I will prolly just follow up here but It should be pretty easy. I feel comfortable doing it.

ps. LOLZ, I stuck a white rubber plug out of a toilet base plate in the volume hole and it fit perfect and it even matches my white guitar, so now I can say its got toilet parts on it (which I will love saying!!! hehe)
          2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

I hope you cleaned it first.. lol
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

haha!! I did not!!! actually it was new. I bought a new toilet and it has 4 holes in the base where the mounting anchors go. the little rubber plugs were in the four holes and you pop them out when you install the toilet...

so I got 3 spares!!! they fit perfect. nice and snug!!
              2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

If it had the booster you would know it, it would have a battery in there. if you do not use the tone knob and you like the toilet plug, just put the volume were the tone is and tape up the tone control. On my 475 I switched the volume and tone and put a kill switch were the volume used to be. the stutter is a pretty cool effect in a lead!

Comment

if you do not use the tone knob and you like the toilet plug,
                  LOLZ!! I about fell out laughing when I read that part!

but ya, I actually use them both all the time. I probably use the tone more for getting the sound I want more than I should. im constantly messing with it. I wish I could find a tone knob with "clicks",,, like 8-10 clicks throughout the range. that way I wouldn't have to set it by ear once I got used to where I like it for different parts of songs.

and ya, definitely no battery in the soloist.

there is a battery in my rrxmg but im not going to fiddle around with that one since im still maybe selling that one
                  2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Working...
                  X