Big block question for the Charvel Model 6 JT-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big block question for the Charvel Model 6 JT-6

I have a 1988 Charvel Model 6 with the JT-6 bridge. I want to replace the original block with one of the big blocks. Has anyone done this? If so, can you tell me which one I need to order? There are a few sellers on Ebay and FU tone. I want to make sure I get the correct replacement for this guitar. Thanks.

I build my own and do it to every one that I play. Many people do not care for the Jt-6 but I like them with a few mods. like the brass block, reshaping the Knife edge, replacing the string block allen screws! I really like the string blocks, most say they get in the way but I guess I have played them so long that I am lost with out them to rest my palm on. I also can see them when I remove the strings for a restring and always forget and flip the guitar while wiping it off and the fall in the carpet( way easier to see then those tiny little Floyd ones)

Comment

Should be only one size. JT-6's were never recessed. 42mm.

Comment

I have never bought one pre made but yes the all the model jt-6 were 42 mm from the plate to were the springs connect. but depending on how the maker centers the mounting holes it can effect how it travels. the cavity is only so big and the bigger block may hit one way or the other(up or down) if the cavity is not modified. I build mine for each guitar with its main use in consideration. If I set one up were the owner wants to block it I move the mounting holes to move the block forward thus no need to add wood or what ever to block the up travel, giving tons of room for the down travel. I also measure the available width and go as wide as possible.

Comment

Working...
        X