Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 6 - Locking nut plate missing ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 6 - Locking nut plate missing ??

Hello, I recently purchased a 1988 (Floyd type JT-6 Jackson bridge) Charvel Model 6 and it has the old style locking nut with the 3 larger screws. Instead of the screws going directly into the nut, there seems to be little square plates that would slide under the strings and would tighten up. I am missing one of them and because of that, there is nothing for the screw to go into. Can someone tell me where I could possibly buy a replacement? THANK YOU!

First ---
    make sure that it isn't stuck up inside.

But, as to buying just that one part --- I don't know who would do that.
    So you may need to buy an entire locknut.

Comment

Ouch, I hope I wouldn't need to buy an entire locknut, especially because it's probably impossible to find that old style. I will check again with a flashlight to see if it's stuck inside. I couldn't find it on my work desk or carpet.

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      First ---

But, as to buying just that one part --- I don't know who would do that.
      So you may need to buy an entire locknut.

Comment

What does Frets on the Net have?

Comment

If I remember correctly, those things are wider than the opening. So, the only way they are coming out and getting lost is if you have the entire thing off of the headstock.

Comment

Can you order from here http://www.wammiworld.com/x55xx.php
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I contacted Wammiworld. I looked with a flashlight and the square is definitely missing.

Comment

Honestly - if it were mine, I'd have a tech install a Floyd nut. Kahler string locks are garbage in comparison.

I had a great tech do one for me for my Model 3A

Blank yo!

Comment

JT6 isn't a Kahler.

And I can't speak for Lion, but I like the giant screws on the JT6.
                  In fact, I really hate all hex screws. I have pitiful luck with them.
                  I also prefer the nut before the lock.

I know it might be confusing - because he bought the JT6, and I bought the Kahler - on the same day and in the same town, one black and one white, and we are both here talking back and forth on each other's separate threads.
                  Last edited by pianoguyy; 06-12-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

LOL, I kinda think that's cool. LOL

JT6 isn't a Kahler.

I know it might be confusing - because he bought the JT6, and I bought the Kahler - on the same day and in the same town, one black and one white, and we are both here talking back and forth on each other's separate threads.

Comment

Question, if I was to order a top of the line real Floyd Rose to replace, what nut width would I need... r3? That's always confusing to me. Even if you give me a link, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

First ---
                        That's what happened to me when I bought a Model 6 from a forum member years ago... it came loose and got stuck inside.
                        Dave at http://fretsonthenet.com/ might have them.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          Can you order from here http://www.wammiworld.com/x55xx.php
                          JT6 isn't a Kahler.
                          This is true; Jackson's own JT6 nut was a Kahler-type, so not sure if whatever wammiworld has would work.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

JT6 isn't a Kahler.

Same junk to me. They should all be replaced with Floyd nuts. I've got zero tolerance for behind the nut string locks.
                            Blank yo!

Comment

I put a kahler lock replacing a jt6 one. swapped the locks too.

Comment

Working...
                              X