Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys use to clean your oil-finished necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys use to clean your oil-finished necks?

My first experience with a maple neck was an Peavey HP Special neck, I used lemon oil on it and it changed the color of it right away...Forever. That kinda pissed me off because the guitar was worth like $2,500 and I got it for $800.

What do you guys use for your maple tung-oil boards/necks? Since it already has a finish on it, Maybe naptha would be the best choice without changing the color of the board?
    Last edited by d4rin; 05-09-2015, 05:14 PM.

It depends on what you are trying to clean off I have used Naptha Murphy soap and I have even used Mr clean magic eraser all of them worked to clean up a very nasty fretboard and neck. Check out my post about the Flame up in USA Charvels
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabusa hooligan View Post
      It depends on what you are trying to clean off I have used Naptha Murphy soap and I have even used Mr clean magic eraser all of them worked to clean up a very nasty fretboard and neck. Check out my post about the Flame up in USA Charvels
      Rich
      I usually clean the fretboard/frets with every string change!

Comment

This stuff might do the trick, but you probably wouldn't want to use it with every string change.

http://www.musicnomadcare.com/f-one.html

Comment

I just use lemon oil. I've never heard of it discoloring wood.

That and a paper towel and maybe a toothbrush. If that won't clean the funk off your neck, you need to clean more often.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I use Zippo premium Lighter Fluid. I have cleaned the freatboard, the body, the floyd rose.Great cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by mactaco1 View Post
              I use Zippo premium Lighter Fluid. I have cleaned the freatboard, the body, the floyd rose.Great cleaner.
              Have you noticed any discoloration with using the lighter fluid? And does it leave any residue?

Comment

Working...
              X