Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Did they ever make..." (Gotoh crown head)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Did they ever make..." (Gotoh crown head)

I've seen the 'crown heads' in chrome (rarely), and in gold. Were they - or any of the variations with the same screw tab location - ever made in black?

I've never seen a Charvel or Jackson with black ones. I've seen some that look right on other guitars, usually on mid-'80s Washburns (the second-gen A20s in black/pink had 'black chrome'), but I'm not sure if they're Gotoh or a copy.

I've talked with FMIC, apparently (you all probably know this) they're the sole customer for them now but they're only buying them in gold - and they're not selling them anyway, unless a CS guitar is attached.

They made them... a simple Google image search will show that they do exist, just very hard to find.
    -Rick

Comment

Which screw tab location are you looking for? I've seen some black ones that supposedly came from an early Kramer that had the tab at 90 degrees, and I just found these (that may not be Gotoh) with the lower tab angle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Blac...-/191538101370

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        Which screw tab location are you looking for? I've seen some black ones that supposedly came from an early Kramer that had the tab at 90 degrees, and I just found these (that may not be Gotoh) with the lower tab angle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Blac...-/191538101370
        Yeah, that's the type I was after. Those particular pieces in the auction link don't look quite 'right'; seems like someone (Ping, maybe?) made a similar tuner.

I've got a set of gold Gotohs; the screw and washers between the head and body are a little different.

When I search for "black crown head tuner" I don't find any like that. All I find are the Schaller-type mounting tab. It seems like Charvel/Jackson stopped using them before black hardware 'broke'.

Comment

Working...
        X