X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG SA/SA/81 set with Mini Toggles and JE-1200??? Need help

Hey guys,
    I just ordered this set: http://www.emgpickups.com/sa-sa-81.html
    It should arrive tonight, and since I act like a kid when I get new stuff, I want to install it right away :P

So what I'd like to do, is keep the mini toggles, and if possible, keep the JE1200 too. There's a guy on youtube who has done it, and I also found this thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/820...Is-it-possible but I think I'm too retarded and I need some help...

So I guess I can start from the Jackson Schematic and use the JE-1200 as a central hub, if that makes sense. So I just run the battery to the EMG pickups, and keep it powering the JE-1200 too.
    I would then take out the volume pot that's soldered to the PCB as it started cracking and replace it with the EMG pot.
    But I'm not sure how to connect that Volume pot, as with the quick connect, I don't know which end does what... And I'm unsure how to connect the output jack as well, as it's different in the Jackson schematic compared to the EMG manual.

Could you guys please go over the schematic I made? (Tried to keep the wire colors)
    Knipsel.jpg

Thanks!

Hey again

I just finished swapping the pickups on my Model 6. I didn't change anything to the rest of the electronics though, except for the mini toggles (Neck/Bridge, Add Middle PU, Kill Switch).
    So I just ran the battery from the JE-1200 to the EMGs, and left all the pots as they were.

Everything works nicely. Even he mid boost works as expected. I guess because you run everything through the JE-1200, it's ok with the 250k pots?
    The EMG are very hot though, really drives the clean channel :P But when the gain's on, I really like the sound of the 81 with mid boost for lead and without for some nice and tight chugging!

IMAG0693.jpg
    Last edited by Nuithari; 03-12-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I cleaned up an EMG install on a strat I had with the VVT/mini switch controls, and I just went with an EMG SPC for that third knob. It's a much cleaner, simpler solution than combining the EMG's with a JE-1200.

Comment

Hmm, I was actually thinking of adding an SPC and an Afterburner before I ordered it. I might still do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuithari View Post
          Hmm, I was actually thinking of adding an SPC and an Afterburner before I ordered it. I might still do it.
          The Afterburner is OK, I have one on a different strat with passives. I'd ditch it on your M6 and just go volume/tone/midboost(SPC). It's good to have a tone control with the midboost.

Comment

Emg 85, sa,sa 18 volt best sounding 6 I ever had and I've had more than a few.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.
              Both the SPC as the 85 are on the list to try out.

For now, I'm really enjoying the SA/SA/81 with the JE-1200. Nice and tight bottom in, and the flatter EQ of the 81 makes it easy to EQ on the amp imo.

Comment

Working...
              X