Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J 200 pickup question

Hey all,

I just got in a J 200 to put in one of my old Jacksons, I opened it up and it looks good, but I broke out the DMM to test output and I am not getting a reading. I then put the leads to a loose 1/4 jack, hooked up my amp strummed a guitar and held the pickup over the strings. It does send a signal although I am holding it quite close to the string. Am I missing something here?

Probably a broken connection between the coils.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thats what i figured, Im sending it back to the seller for a refund. Now I need to find another.

Comment

Those J200's are designed to be used with the Jackson pre-amp, and sound very weak without it. Are you using a pre-amp?
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Still trying to find the pre amp, so no I did not hook it up with it. However it should still read on the multi meter with its DC resistance shouldn't it?

Comment

Is your meter set right? These are about 12k I believe. Make sure your meter is in the correct range.

Comment

Im pretty darn sure my setting is correct as I measured a few other pickups and it was fine. It was set to 20k V DC.

Comment

Should be measures on the ohm setting, I currently have a bunch of j200s and a dead one in my 475 that I need to swap
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Duh...I wrote V but meant ohms...sorry. I did go double check and measure again on ohms...same result.

Comment

If you have an extra you want to part with let me know.

Comment

Sent you a PM. I have a few
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Found some. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X