Another broken schaller saddle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another broken schaller saddle thread

I tried searching but the exact question hasn't really popped out yet.

I broke a saddle on my JT590 today, I think it had been a little seized and the fine tuning adjustment has been slowly cracking it, or its been over tightened.

Can I replace the saddles with OFR saddles as long as I use the schaller locking bolts? are there any advantages of OFR saddles vs the Schaller?

Thanks

If I´m not badly mistaken OFR and Schaller saddle shells are made in same factory in Germany and they are exactly same parts, only locking bolts are different.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Thanks, I think I answered the question when I read further on Stewmac, now I have to decide between steel vs zinc cast, is there really a noticeable difference in sound and strength?

I guess what I am really asking is can I get these: http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...loyd_Rose.html

Or will I really regret the cheap stewmac saddles and should really try to chase down a single saddle for the same price? I am a little concerned the other saddles are going to ready to break down the road.
      Last edited by shinobizx; 02-08-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

No zinc cast shells, buy real steel Schallers. Zinc cast saddles will wear out quicly, especially if someone tends to overtighten string lock bolts.
        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Working...
        X