Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey sully! What kind of guitars do you build?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey sully! What kind of guitars do you build?

HEY SULLY! WHAT KIND OF GUITARS DO YOU BUILD?

Great question! I’m pretty open to build whatever you want, although I don’t do replicas/copies, etc. I try build guitars that are a different from what you can find on the racks. To make things easy, here are my standard body shapes and headstock designs. As you can see, building left handed guitars is not an issue.

ROGER THAT. WHAT WOODS DO YOU USE?

Want Alder? You got it. Want Spanish cedar? Heck yeah. Mahogany? Sure! Basswood? You bet your asswood! While I've got my favorite woods to work with, I’m all about building YOUR guitar out of materials you’d like. As long as I can source it, it's all good. If you’ve got a rough idea of what you’d like and want some advice, or want me to fill in the blanks, I’m happy to do so. Same thing goes for neck profiles; if there are a few profiles that you love, I’ll do my best to work with that and build you something that feels like an old friend.

CONSTRUCTION OPTIONS

Generally I build guitars in a bolt on or a set neck construction, but neck through is an option, of course. Figured tops are certainly available, as well as oiled necks and fretboards with compound radii. By default, I use stainless steel frets for a permanent slinky feel, but if you want traditional nickel, that's all good, too. Oh...and yes, 7 string guitars, multiscales (fanned frets), and basses will be coming in 2015.

WHAT ELSE?

Planning a custom order is exciting and can be a lot of fun, and I’ll do everything I can to assist in building your dream guitar. During the build process, you’ll get a bunch of pictures and there’s always the possibility that your guitar could show up in an episode of Sully’s Guitar Garage.

What I can offer you are guitars that come from the heart. It's an honor to build tools for musicians that help them communicate. We’ve all got our ideas and preferences, and I’d love to work with you to make a special guitar that makes you smile when you see it, and gets out of your way and lets you create when you play it.

Ready for one of your own? Hit up the custom quote form and get in touch!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr
Working...
X