Project progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project progress...

Since no one in my immediate vicinity gives a crap about my projects or guitars in general, I figured I'd share with a bunch of strangers on the Internet, LOL!

Anyway, here's a before and after pic of the DK2FS I started working on Friday night;

The original owner made a poor attempt at painting it black by using a too-rough grade sandpaper which left deep sand scratches in the surface (and in the process ruined a very nice trans red finish ). So far, I've sanded the body smooth, filled the control holes with resin, and beveled the cutaways. The next step is to re-drill/cut the control holes further away from the bridge/humbucker (going with a volume/tone/3-way blade set up). I also plan to cut out a single coil-shaped wooden block so I can eliminate the middle pickup (don't use them, plus I always hit them with my pick). After that, it's paint time... MOPAR lime green, FTW! Got a DKMG neck and black hardware to go on it afterwards...

I've also been working on a regular DK2 body alongside this one which is at the same stage of near-completion. Gonna eliminate the middle pickup on that one too, but I'm going with a single volume/3-way toggle set up. That one's getting painted MOPAR 'Furious Fuschia' ("Not that there's anything wrong with that!!!" ) Putting black hardware and a KS2 neck on that one. Hopefully all goes well over the next couple of days and I can order the paint before the weekend arrives.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Cheers...
    Last edited by Metal Spawn; 07-20-2014, 09:41 PM.

sounds like a cool project. You planning to cap the top or something, to stop the filled areas from showing through?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm doing my fill work with resin. It doesn't shrink like most filler products...

Comment

Working...
      X