Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So it only took me a week to mess it up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it only took me a week to mess it up.

Last week this guitar was absolutely mint/new/perfect despite being 10 years old. Well...it didn't take too long for my dumb ass to mess it up.
    Ironically it was the strap lock that is supposed to protect the guitar that bit it.
    I clipped the front lock on and tossed the free end over my shoulder like so many times before.
    Well it made contact right on the edge and chipped it right down to wood. I won't do that again.
    I have dinged guitars but never down to the wood. What should I do to fix this? Thankfully it is on the back edge but I still want to do what I can to mitigate the damage. I am sure this isn't the first post about this kind of stuff but I am so distraught I had to post and ask. Please help.
    sl2ht-chip.jpg

Heres my answer and you may not like it lol. Its a guitar and its ment to be played, shit happens ya know. I understand its a USA Soloist and they are $$$, but its still a guitar that should be played and now you have a story to go along with it.
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Blue marker and then some clear nail polish or crazy glue?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you're playing it then there are plenty more dings on the way ..I really wouldn't worry about it
        Last edited by Gartron; 05-15-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Yea I get it, I know shit is going to happen and the bigger sin would be to not play it. I was just hoping it would take longer than a week.
          On the bright side, the first damage is done and out of the way. It is no longer perfect and I don't feel guilty about playing it.
          Toejam, thanks for the excellent suggestion. It looks much better.
          I am glad that the one I bought this week being delivered tomorrow already had some scratches. I can play away with no guilt or worries.
          sl2ht-chipx.jpg

Comment

Cool. Glad I could help.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
              If your playing it then there are plenty more dings on the way ..I really wouldn't worry about it

I agree that I wouldn't worry about it.
              But I disagree that dings happen. I have an immaculate '87. It has those little surface scratches from wiping it. And just a couple arcs from picking.
              I have no idea how it has survived so cleanly, but it has. In fact, I often joke that its like the car from the movie Christine. Possessed. Capable of fixing itself. Bringing out unnatural sounds and abilities from the owner.

Comment

The first cut is the deepest!

Comment

Oh wow that's ugly! You should unload it now before you do more damage. PM me please

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                    Oh wow that's ugly! You should unload it now before you do more damage. PM me please

Comment

Back when I used to race hare scrambles and bought a new helmet, I'd drop on the floor to get the first scratch out of the way and then it didn't bother me what happened to it and I felt better about keeping my head safe.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                      X