Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Not Returning to Pitch

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone had any advice... The 580LP on my KE3 always stays a tad flat whenever I push down on it. A quick yank upward will bring it back to pitch, but it's getting to be a pain in the backside. I've tried wrapping the post threads with plumber's/teflon tape and adding an extra spring... It made a slight improvement but still no cigar.

Any tips? Or should I just go ahead and invest in a new Floyd/Schaller?

Thanks,
    Metal Spawn

Check to see if the nut base is tight first off then move to the trem.
    Check to see if the string saddles are tight.
    Take the trem off and check the knife edges on the trem.Check the trem posts too.
    Any divots or worn spots in either? If so take a small half round file and smooth out the divots or worn spots on the knife edges.
    A small triangle file will clean out any rough areas on the trem posts.
    When you get the areas smooth a little 1000 grit sand paper will smooth out any filing marks.
    Lube with some light oil sparingly.Chap stick works good too.
    Put it back together and see how it works.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks, Straycat! The edges probably could use a filing...

Comment

Look at them under a magnifying glass if you have one to see exactly where its worn.
        Main thing is to follow the angle first and not on the very edge because the wear will roll up the edge of that angle

Comment

Will do...

Comment

Post pics of the knife edges and trem studs before you do anything to it so we can see what you are dealing with.

Comment

Turned out to be the nut. I replaced the original with the one left over from the hardware swap on my KVX... Works fine now.

Thanks for the advice!
              Last edited by Metal Spawn; 05-13-2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

glad you got it. yeah sometimes its just something simple vs a trem replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X