Brass block for my Floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass block for my Floyd?

As I have been seeking ways to fatten the sound of my Soloist Pro, I stumbled upon the possibility of adding a brass block to it to beef up the sound and add sustain.

May some enlighten me on the benefits of a brass block? And if so, which would you recommend? Gracias.
    I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
    ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
    Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
    Blackstar Soloist HT60
    Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
    Seymour Duncan 805

I thought it was sanke oil at first but I ordered one from floyd upgrades a couple of years ago and it did make a difference to my ears, I dont know if it fattened my tone up but it did certainly give me more sustain

Comment

I replaced the stock block on a Gotoh Floyd with one from Floyd Upgrades. Not a huge difference, but some. The guitar seems to sound less 'brittle' now, no doubt from the added mass on the back of the trem. You'll notice a bigger change with a pickup swap though. What pickups are currently in it?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Got one for the JT-6 in my Model 6 from eBay user hoockey. I thought it thickened up the clean tone real well and the sustain was noticeably increased.
        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

It just depends on the guitar. I've had it help, and I've had it make no appreciable difference. I even had one guitar where it made the bottom end flubby and loose.
          All you can do is try it and see what happens.

Comment

Yes, it changes things, but is rather subtle IMO. And whether the change is for the better or not is subjective and depends on the particular guitar. Also, it can limit pull ups on some guitars. After installing them on four guitars, I decided it just wasn't worth messing with, so I don't bother with the swap anymore.

Comment

I tried one after finding out about it from posts on here. For me, it was a noticeable difference right off the bat. Acoustically I could tell it was very resonant; amped hard to really say as I didn't get all scientific and do comparisons before/ after. But I think it's a worth while upgrade. I went with a 37mm block on my soloist, and I don't regret it. I'm sure you are talking about the brass blocks from Floyd Upgrades.

Comment

I've used both Floyd Upgrades blocks and Killer Guitar Components blocks. Honestly preferred the latter because you can choose the thickness and they're offset, which helps keep dive and pull-up range. In both cases they definitely make a difference though.

Comment

Working...
                X