Truss rod issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod issue

so I ask about this guitar on the GC used website. i get a picture of the headstock with no truss rod cover and the truss rod looks high in the route. I'm told the neck is straight I wouldn't worry about the truss rod. stupid me buys the guitar, it's a rare finish. I get the guitar and try to adj the truss rod and it yes I'm not kidding slides down an inch. It seems to tighten just fine but of course I don't know for sure yet if it actually adjusts the neck at all.
    besides the obvious what should I look for to make sure the truss isn't working properly.

pics are from GC

If you set the rod in a neutral position can you slide it back in towards the heel of the neck where it was originally? The truss rod may still work fine as the movement forward and backward will not prevent it from doing it's job and once it's adjusted slightly the tension from the rod itself against the wood will make it stay where it is. Sounds like it is missing a stop or adhesive to prevent the movement.

Comment

Take it back. Just take it back. A truss rod that moves will also rattle and will not be as effective.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

GC gives 30 day returns on used gear. TAKE IT BACK TODAY!!!! even if you bought it from a out of state GC. You can return it to your local GC. I made sure of this before I spent $4k on a 87' PRS (luckily there were no issues when I bought the guitar)

Comment

It's going back. it seems to being adjusting ok and staying in place but I buy and sell stuff all the time and I don't need to throw away $400 on a piece of shit that will have issues later andI won't be able to resell. The wiring kinda fucked too.

Comment

I had a Schecter 7-string one time that did that, but it only slid up about a quarter inch. It was pretty strange, and I didn't know what to make of it, but seemed to be fine. I didn't play it all that much at the time and just wound up selling it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OK it's returned. sad even one the asst managers said wow when he say the top.

Comment

Working...
              X