• Show
Clear All

• Ti Snake Oil?

Guess we'll find out

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Isn't that bridge over a grand?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Not for me, I might be stupid but I'm not that stupid LOL

Comment

Nice, well Ive been curious too, make sure to put up a good review! Would be nice to hear from someone with first hand experience with it.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Do they come in black???
          I like black and white guitars

Comment

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tre...eries/titanium

oh boy..

If had the bucks i would try one....no black -I do think they look awesome anyways
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I honestly think it'll sound very bright. I wouldn't buy one for the prices they're asking for them. Not worth the money IMHO
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Something looks off about how the string locks in place.
                I vote snake oil.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm with stray - expensive snake oil.

I have a titanium road bike (bicycle) that is great for long distance as the titanium absorbs the road vibrations & thus makes the ride more comfortable. Using the same logic, wouldn't the bridge absorb some of the strings vibrations?

Comment

It's installed now, but I have to intonate it and shim the Ti nut as it's a hair low - the guitar is definitely louder when played acoustically..

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                    ... Using the same logic, wouldn't the bridge absorb some of the strings vibrations?
                    Surely that applies to steel frames too though? That was the whole thing about carbon bikes being 'skippy', so maybe metals just have that bit more 'compression' in them generally (though obviously a regular floyd is brass not steel)
                    Last edited by neilli; 05-01-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Surely that applies to steel frames too though? That was the whole thing about carbon bikes being 'skippy', so maybe metals just have that bit more 'compression' in them generally (though obviously a regular floyd is brass not steel)
                      Yeah, chrome moly too ate up the road vibrations; where as aluminum and, as you said, carbon did not.

All said and done, hope the titanium floyd rocks!

Comment

A full report when you have had some time with it if you would please
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                          Yeah, chrome moly too ate up the road vibrations; where as aluminum and, as you said, carbon did not.
                          With alloys, it's mostly about the frame geometry and tube sizing and thickness... I have an aluminum hard tail... actually a scandium alloy same thing really, a Niner Air 9, and it's very compliant.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Looks like the same shitty screws though.

I'd be fascinated to have one of those on the one hand, but on the other...for $700-800 that I see online...nah. I'll stick with the original. If they came down in price quite a bit, I'll snag one for a custom build or just to dick around with.

Comment

Have to admit, as an unabashed Floyd-whore, the titanium Floyd has me somewhat intrigued. Then the price tag summarily stamps out that intrigue. Real quick.

For me, it boils down to: cost-to-benefit ratio- does the Ti Floyd bring that much to the table to make it worth the price?

Comment

Working...
                              X