Duncan Custom5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Custom5

I installed the Duncan custom5 in an all maple BCR eagle last night. Very impressed, really made the guitar a lot more versatile. If anybody has a really bright guitar and has enough amp not to miss high output pickups it's worth a try. I got me running thru 500k cts w 250k tone pots. I like it, even with the neck 59 I can roll the tone all the way out and it doesn't get flubby & the leads really sing.

I have always liked the custom 5. my first experience with one was in my first run charvel SD reissue in the mid-2000s.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I just put one in my Adrian Smith clone and love it. I had to look cus I swore it was the same as the custom with an alnico 5 magne. Don't care it sounds great to me. Don't think I miss the high output much with a JSX though.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I love the custom, ones in my les paul; I love the custom custom I have one that's going into something don't know yet, but I thought the custom 5 was really muddy in the 2002 charvel traditional I had. I don't get it. Getting old and my tastes have changed since I had one though.

Comment

It might be it's not as bright as the custom and has more warmth and a smoother sound. I have a custom in a mahogany guitar and think it sounds great but in maple probably would have been too bright. I have a few maple guitars and I find them to be the most picky when it comes to pickups. I little too much treble and presence and they sound horrible, if you can coax some low end out of them they sound huge but with clarity.

Comment

I think the Custom 5 is okay, but it's definitely a little scooped in the mids, similar to a '59 but with more output. I actually think I like the '59 better.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've never used the Custom 5, but I have a Custom in an LTD MH-100QMNT that I love the sound of. My Jackson might play better, but I almost want to say that one sounds better. I've only had my SLSMG for a month or so and it's my first time with EMGs and while I do like them(I play mostly metal), I think in the end I might try another Custom in there. It's also my first neck-thru which I'm loving as well.

Comment

Working...
              X