Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I replace a 1000 series Floyd with an Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I replace a 1000 series Floyd with an Original?

Are the Originals still the most stable?

I have 3 with German and 2 with the Korean floyds and there really is no difference in how they play and both stay in tune beautifully. Are you having tuning problems?
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I wouldn't I have 3 guitars with the 1000's and others with the German OFR's and they all work perfectly.
      I don't see a huge difference between the two.
      Best thing you can do is upgrade the zinc sustain block on the 1000's if it has one.If it has the brass block you have no need to do anything to it.
      Last edited by straycat; 03-28-2014, 07:48 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

No tuning problems just bought a new guitar is all, I'll the 1000 a fair chance to earn its way into the lineup.

Comment

Both my pro-mods have them and they haven't given me a reason to swap them really
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

I've had the 1000 series on my So-Cal for almost six years. It's been stable as hell.

Comment

I agree that the cheaper models are pretty nice now but I still prefer the German made Floyd Original. Sorry guys but the Original is where it's at in my opinion and the only Tremolo I use. EDIT; Accept for my Ibanez models that have the edge bridges.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

All of my Floyded guitars have licensed trems and I don't have any troubles with them.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

IMO, not worth replacing. They are both equally excellent in my opinion. Made of the exact same materials. The 1000 series supposedly has tighter tolerances because of newer tooling.

Comment

The zinc sustain block is the only thing that may need to be replaced as zinc has a tendency to crumble after a while. A brass or steel block will make sure that doesn't happen and improve tone(in theory to some)
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

According to the Floyd Rose website, the 1000 has a nickel-plated brass block.....same as the Original MIG.

Comment

I thought both the block and the saddles were zinc on those.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tre...original-style

Comment

Pretty sure that's the FR Special, Toe. Not the 1000 series.

According to Floyd's own website, the 1000 is made of the same exact materials and design as the Original FR. Only difference is MIK vs MIG. In other words, cheaper Korean labor = lower price for manufacturers. Otherwise, the 1000 is pretty much the same. Everything else is pretty much BS internet rumors or confusion.

You might even be able to argue that the 1000 is superior to the MIG Original FR, as it is made from newer dies and to tighter more modern tolerances. I don't buy it either way. Personally, I do see and hear differences, but they are very marginal. Both are excellent trems. IMHO, vastly superior any "licensed" trem that I've ever tried.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                              I agree that the cheaper models are pretty nice now but I still prefer the German made Floyd Original. Sorry guys but the Original is where it's at in my opinion and the only Tremolo I use. EDIT; Accept for my Ibanez models that have the edge bridges.
                              +10
                              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X