No announcement yet.

Locking tuners for a Jackson 7 string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking tuners for a Jackson 7 string?

Hey guys,

I'm on the hunt for a set of black locking tuners for my Jackson JS32-7 string. 3 left 4 right, and they just gotta drop in. I don't want to go drilling for little pins and shit like that. I have the Planet Waves on my 6 string King V and I love 'em. Problem is they don't make sets for 7 strings yet.

Any suggestions?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Warmoth sells locking tuners individually and in sets check this link bro. Hope this helps. http://www.warmoth.com/Schaller-Mini...ners-C726.aspx
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I was looking at those just now lol. it says they're not compatible with baritone strings. Wouldn't the low B on a 7 string be classified as a baritone string?
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
        I was looking at those just now lol. it says they're not compatible with baritone strings. Wouldn't the low B on a 7 string be classified as a baritone string?
        I've put a 0.60 on a regular tuner for the E string of one of my 76 Strats without a problem. It's an original tuner as well. How big is your B string?
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

You can get schaller locking tuners from all parts. Hit up sully he's an all parts dealer too. I have a set is non locking schallers on my musikraft mutt and they didn't got out of tune whammying on them and I forgot to lock the but down. Schallers are superb
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
            You can get schaller locking tuners from all parts. Hit up sully he's an all parts dealer too. I have a set is non locking schallers on my musikraft mutt and they didn't got out of tune whammying on them and I forgot to lock the but down. Schallers are superb
            +1 for Schaller.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              How big is your B string?
              It's .59, so it should be good to go. I figure even if I step up to low .62 or .64 I should be okay.
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I see you can buy the Schaller locking tuners from Warmoth for $15 each. 3 left + 4 right = $105 and only $11 to ship to Canada makes me happy happy. :-)
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

$105 for a set of locking Schallers is a good deal. I spent more on my set of non locking but I wanted the set screw off the corner so I had to order from Germany to get a set in black. Took forever to get here too, but it was worth it in my eye. Just think the 45 and 90 degree set screws looks wrong to me
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                  X