Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Modification (Classifieds)

Alright lads.
    Seeing as we're all b*tching about this new forum [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I thought I'd add my 2 cents.
    The classifieds section, as good as it is, its useless for the non-US residents amongst us. Could you add a US and Non-US section to it please? Just to make it easier for us lot.
    And also, Itd be helpful to split it up into 'Guitars' and 'Amps and Parts' sections.
    I dunno this is just a suggestion. Cos I never normally go on that section of here cos its always a waste of time for this whinging pom.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

James

[ December 16, 2002, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Re: Board Modification (Classifieds)

Now, wait a minute! How is it useless for non USA residents? Anyone can sell/buy/trade anything they want, regardless of your country of origin? What am I missing? And we don't want to turn this into a buying/selling commodity, all items for sale need to be in one classifieds section.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

bloody whingin' poms! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I like those cheerleader poms! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You tell'em Joe

Comment

It would be useful to have both, as some US residents may not be willing to ship to the UK or anywhere else as it is a lot of hassle

Comment

I run into this problem all the time . Most of the gear I want is in the US and a lot of sellers will not ship to me directly. Oh , by the way , I am not a "pom" . I am worse than that , I'm Irish [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              At the end of the day it is the sellers choice. But please can someone explain the logic of this ?
              Say the seller is on the East Coast. He sells to someone in LA but won't sell to me (Ireland). Why not ? What's the difference ? I can't see the problem with sending a guitar internationally if the seller has the buyers money in his account.
              It is the same procedure to send it : Package guitar- go to courier - send.
              However I have to say , this occurs on ebay a lot more than in the classifieds.
              But , I have made "offers" in the classifieds and not even had a REPLY from the seller !!! (Chuck-not referring to you) . Not even a "No Thanks" [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
              S**t , I am having a bad day!!

Mark
              Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Hey James!
                I thought we were Limeys! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(Good call though)

Comment

I just shipped something to Canada, and had to fill out two forms relating to the import taxes the guy will have to pay. I'd assume that's a part of why you see so many "USA only" sales. Another part of it is that a lot of people got really tired of seeing super-sweet guitars disappear into Europe and Asia, never to be seen in US markets for a reasonable price, and it makes perfect sense that people will want to keep these beauties close enough to them that when/if the owner sells, it doesn't cost $200 extra in shipping and import taxes from Asia or Europe.
                  A perfect example of this is a San Dimas purple/black bullseye factory Floyded Strathead that is in Germany. While some people are quite happy for the owner in that he has a sweet vintage graphic Strathead, others feel left out somewhat because if it sells, it'll sell in Europe first, which delays the possibility of it returning to America to be passed around our market.
                  See also the vintage guitars that were shipped to Japan and were never seen again (Gibsons, Fenders, etc etc).

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc's got a good point.. Look at all the artist guitars that went oversea's .. Curt has rescued some of Robbin Crosby's guitar that way .. All to often we saw good San Dimas Charvels go oversea's a few years back simply because they could bring a much higher dollar value over there ..

As far as adding another Forum .. I'm not for it.. We have had enough trouble with the main classified forum, I can't see adding to that chaos .. Hopefully the other 3 admin's can chime their opinions in here and see where we stand ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Newc
                      I can understand your point but I think most sellers are not thinking that way. They are selling because they want cash or a trade , never to see that guitar again. These are $400-$700 guitars I am talking about that I buy to play.
                      Maybe I am wrong , but I think some sellers just cannot be bothered with the "perceived" extra hassle(which I don't think exists)
                      I don't post very often , but this subject bothers me.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong Newc , but I think you have bought and sold overseas yourself so I assume you are making your points for the "Collectors" among us.
                      Looking at the guitars I have at present I am in danger of becoming a "Collector" and not a "Player" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Please help

[ December 17, 2002, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: TheUntalentedOne ]

Comment

Awwwwwwwww Kevin c'mon
                        This is not about us non-US'ers pilfering the US of it's Jacksons and Charvels . This is not about me making a profit on a guitar by reselling either. For the record , every guitar I have sold over the years I have taken a loss.
                        I just love guitars and Rock/Metal music . I love Jacksons and I disagree with people buying these great guitars to lock them away from the world.
                        I have a problem with someone putting a guitar on say ebay for $500 . No US citizens will cough up the $500 for it .They think it isn't worth it. Here I am in little old Ireland thinking , sh"t , I would love that guitar for $500 . I am willing to pay that extra shipping taxes and duty on top of that but they won't ship outside the US .That $500 guitar costs us Europeans a lot more to get our hands on than people in the US.
                        Please tell me that I am not being discriminated against and that the "sellers" are just being downright lazy.

[ December 17, 2002, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: TheUntalentedOne ]

Comment

While I trust most JCF members, as a general rule I do not sell overseas. But it has nothing to do with the shipping arragements, instead it has everything to do with payment. (Being a victim of the Indonesian credit card fraud two years ago, I was burned horribly by a thief who not only got two of my guitars but then I had to pay off his initial payment as it was charged back! I sold him a PGM Ibanez with Duncans in it and a Silver crackle Fender HM strat with Dimarzios for $1100 and shipping. He got the guitars and I had to pay $1100, so I lost the guitars AND the money! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] )

After this, I vowed "never again." The only truly secure payment methods are PayPal and US Postal Money Orders. Let's look at PayPal first. The buyer must have a confirmed shipping address, and the guitar must be sent to this address otherwise PayPal will not protect the seller against chargebacks, stolen cards, or other fraud. No international user of PayPal can be confirmed with a shipping address, therefore no international buyer will work for me.

With a US Postal Money Order it is as good as gold. You get it, you cash it on the spot, then you ship it. They verify it on the spot for fraud and you walk out with cash in hand. It's kinda hard for international buyers to get a US Postal Money Order, although, Canada, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, UK, and others have international Postal Money Orders in US funds, which is acceptable.

Normal money orders are not as fraud proof as the PayPal confirmed address or US Postal Money Orders. They can be forged more easily, or can lack the necessary funds. When you deposit them into your bank, you may get the cash, but a month later you could be charged for it if there's fraud, and that's well after you've shipped the guitar.

So, to me personally, I don't like to send anything of value to non USA residents because of the payment, not the shipment. If I trust/know a JCF member I will gladly send overseas provided they pay all the fees. I've successfully sold to some Europeans on this Forum because I trust them. But after being burned so badly I cannot afford to lose another dime. Rock on my brothas!
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                            Look at all the artist guitars that went oversea's ..
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's wrong by selling a guitar oversea's? It's not like they disappear when they come to Europe. Even we are human beings that have to drool over some sweet Jacksons now and then [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And I'm pretty sure you'll get a higher price on your guitars if you sell it to an European than a fellow American. I don't mind paying $ 1000 for a guitar you would get $ 600-700 on ebay, and that's because compared to the prices of Jackson in Europe, $ 1000 for a used US Jackson is very cheap. I payed $ 1150 for a used RR5 and thought that was a great buy. Which it actually is

Comment

Guys
                              This has the makings of an "us and them" thread. I assume this is a Forum for Jackson/Charvel lovers and I hope we all agree that it doesn't matter where we are from , so please don't let it degenerate into "US and them" [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Charvel750 - I am sorry for the loss . Whoever stole from you deserves what he will surely get. Your personal reason for shipping is valid and I respect that. It just seems others just can't be bothered.
                              So basically , my PayPal account is International - Verified (Pasted from my Account:
                              "Your PayPal account is International - Verified. This means that you have confirmed your membership, and can send an unlimited amount of money with your PayPal account" ) but this means nothing to the seller? I thought that my address in my Paypal account was verified? I am just looking for clarification on this issue.

[ December 17, 2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: TheUntalentedOne ]

Comment

Working...
                              X