Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 25 yr old JT6 arm needs replacing, is this the one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 25 yr old JT6 arm needs replacing, is this the one?

http://bmusic.com.au/index.php?main_...oducts_id=4478

Is this the one with the socket that fits right into a JT6? The arm socket keeps coming lose over time n makes the arm floppy.

So is this the assembly that will fit perfectly in? I wanna keep the JT6 for as long as possible i love it.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

I guess that'd work, but you can also use an Ibanez pop-in bar. The little bushings in the bar are probably shot, and a shop might be able to replace them (I had them replaced once on my old Model 6), but they'll probably wear down again quickly. The Ibanez bar will definitely fit.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those will need to be modified to fit. The FotN ones are modified already.

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/tremolo...:32conv:32bars

Comment

Are you sure its the bar and not the little black things?

Comment

There's a locknut on the back side to tighten the socket in the base plate. I've seen the nylon bushing for the arm pop up on eBay from time to time.
          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

So it sounds like you tighten the coupler down, and it just becomes loose again over time? I ran into that once, it pretty much sucks.

Comment

Yeah i tighten the coupler but it just becomes loose again, its incredibly frustrating n kills the sensitivity of the bar.
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                Yeah i tighten the coupler but it just becomes loose again, its incredibly frustrating n kills the sensitivity of the bar.
                I had an old-style OFR coupler that was like that. I hit the threads with some loctite, and it still didn't fix it.

Comment

If i was to buy the floyd arm that i link in post #1 would it be easy for a tech to modify the JT6 to fit it?
                  USA Jackson RR1
                  Charvel Model 6
                  Jackson Performer-2
                  Orange Dark Terror
                  EVH 5150 LBX
                  Hello Senòr

Comment

Anyone have experience with this?
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

It's extremely easy to do. The hole in the baseplate needs to be enlarged very slightly to fit the new socket. You can use a drill, but the advice I got here way, way back and that worked great for me was to take a large flat blade screwdriver (the kind with some taper to the blade) and insert it into the hole and rotate to scrape away to about the depth of the threads. Just work it in slowly & carefully until the new socket just fits. A tapered rat-tail file also works well. The metal is so soft that it's super easy and takes about a minute. Definitely a do-it-yourself project if you are even the least bit handy.

Comment

Thanks Dg

just thinking about other options is this the OFR that will drop straight and i can re-use the JT6 posts?
                        http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...lo_System.html

If i were to go that route would it work fine with the Model 6 locking nut? I wouldnt change that nut.
                        Last edited by AussieTerry84; 01-30-2014, 03:30 PM.
                        USA Jackson RR1
                        Charvel Model 6
                        Jackson Performer-2
                        Orange Dark Terror
                        EVH 5150 LBX
                        Hello Senòr

Comment

Or this one? http://www.warmoth.com/Genuine-Floyd...-P545C693.aspx
                          USA Jackson RR1
                          Charvel Model 6
                          Jackson Performer-2
                          Orange Dark Terror
                          EVH 5150 LBX
                          Hello Senòr

Comment

My JT-6 has a 42mm block, the two OFRs posted look to have 37mm.
                            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Yeah, the OFR or Schaller should work just fine, but you'd need the 42mm block.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X