Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct mount pickups same as ring mounted??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct mount pickups same as ring mounted??

Are the direct mount pickups the same as ring mounted? I have a Pro Mod San Dimas 1HH with top mounted Floyd that has direct mount pickups and want to change out the JB with an RTM from evilbay but not sure if it will work. are they the same height? Also I may change out the neck pickup as well. Thanks for any help on this

Direct mount application takes a short legged pick up.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Direct mount application takes a short legged pick up.
      Never knew there was a difference.
      Most direct mounted pickups I've swapped were the same size as a ring mount.
      Many just had a foam block under the pickup to keep it stable.
      -Rick

Comment

I think about all Duncans are short-legged except for the 59 & Seth Lovers. They can be ordered with short legs.

Comment

Good to know thanks all! Looks like the RTM is too. This is what I got from the seller:

howdy

this should go either way.

it does come with the really thin pick up ring and as it's a trembucker it has the short legs.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
            I think about all Duncans are short-legged except for the 59 & Seth Lovers. They can be ordered with short legs.
            +1
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X