Short pick up lead help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short pick up lead help!

Hey dudes, I have an older Gibson 500T that has a super short lead. Is there any instruction out there explaining how to recitfy this problem?

I would just solder a longer lead to the old one or replace the lead entirely.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Seems like such a simple resolution.....I guess I thought it was a more involved process! You are always here for me when I need you Lefty! Thanks man.

Comment

No problem bro! There have been many guys on here who have helped me out of many shit situations tech. wise. Just trying to return the favor. I had the same issue with a set of EMG 81's. A friend of mine gave me the pair for $50 bucks! So I couldn't pass it up. The only thing was whoever wired the new pick ups into his guitar cut both the leads on the EMG's literally about a half an inch from the pick up! I thought I was screwed so I brought the pick ups and a guitar to my tech. (This was before I knew how to wire pick ups) and he said no big deal! I watched him solder new wire to the short leads and install the pick ups with zero issues. I still have those pick ups and they're still working just fine.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yeah just solder whatever length of wire you need heat shrink tube it or use electrical tape and call it good.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X