Where to get Floyd Speedloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Floyd Speedloader

Anyone have a source for these yet ? I'm figuring they're gonna try and get another $100 for these,on top of the locking nut price.

Re: Where to get Floyd Speedloader

Call me a pessimist but these sound like a waste of dough. You're gonna get stuck buying strings for like $7 a pack to fit that thing. For that along I'd rather just take an old floyd anyday.

Comment

I'm with ranalli. I'll stick with the OFR and Schallers. They work flawlessly. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] No need to fix what aint broke IMO.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Kinda ironic "nofloyds" is interested in getting a Floyd! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Kinda ironic "nofloyds" is interested in getting a Floyd!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">RacerX, you are sharp man. I didn't even look to see who made the original post. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Obvioulsy Speedloaders aren't counted as real Floyd. May need a new name soon "nospeedloaders".

Comment

Any predictions as to when it will be taken off the market? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Long live the original Floyd. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                  Any predictions as to when it will be taken off the market? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd say pretty soon! Long live the Original Floyd indeed!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow you guys are brutal.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I have made a smooth transition to a Schaller for those concerned [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How the Hell can you be complaining about strings costing a measly $7 ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    Its worth it for less hassle. Besides, if you aren't payin 5 or 6 bucks already you're using $hit strings. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                      get stuck buying strings for like $7 a pack
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here in Norway I pay about $ 16-17 for a pack of Ernie Ball Strings...

Comment

Tried getting Steinberger strings recently...?

Comment

i pay the equivalent of $7.50 US a pack here in Oz, the speedloader strings shouldnt cost too much more...hey, by all means stick with OFRs and schallers if you're into wrenches, and allen keys, and wacky tunings...but for the rest of us, speeloaders are godsent imo
                          cheers

Comment

Well crap! I guess the D'Addario XL strings I get for $3.50 a pack are pure crap! Shows how much I know after playing guitar for 17 years and trying every guitar string brand under the sun! Thanks for straightening that out for me! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Originally posted by nofloyds:
                            Besides, if you aren't payin 5 or 6 bucks already you're using $hit strings. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

No offense Troy, but those aren't $3.50 everywhere. Besides I believe he was taking an average and his number is close to the costs I have as well. It is all moot now, because I usually use Elixirs which cost more.

Comment

Working...
                              X