Best amp cleaner????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best amp cleaner????

I have a few Marshall head units that have been in storage for a while and I just got back from getting them. They're really dusty. I've used a damp rag on the black tolex but they still seem a little dingy looking. What do you guys recommend for cleaning tolex? A friend of mine said Armor all but I'm a little hesitant to put that shit on my amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated thx bros!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

A damp, (not wet!) soapy cloth scrub followed by a couple passes of a damp, frequently rinsed not soapy cloth. Dry it with a towel after. ArmorAll would make it look all shiny, but that stuff will make it slicker than penguin shit on an iceberg. You could also use those Lysol wetwipes, but like the soap i'd follow it up with a damp clean cloth just to make sure you aren't leaving the chemical behind to eat the tolex.

I haven't tried it on mine, but one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (or any generic melamine pad) would probably do a bang up job too because it would strip off the top layer of oxidation. I would experiment a bit on the back first just to make sure it doesn't scuff though. I need to clean up my combo to put it up for sale, so I'll try this and report back when I've done it.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ambersil Foaming Cleanser
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

A lightly damp rag (warm water) start on top and work down blotting with a clean dry towel.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X