Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sounds like a JB but with less mids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sounds like a JB but with less mids?

The JB thread inspired me to ask this. What has the same amount of output but is more warm and balanced sounding? Yes, I know that the guitar wood, EQ, amp, etc.... all matter. But I mean with all other things being equal.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

you want more blues rock chatter?
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Custom is similar output with a more balanced sound IMO.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Go to the link I am posting and find your match. It should be very easy. Just look at the output the bass, middle and treble.http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones Hope this helps.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Patb-1

Comment

I went thru that seymour duncan list...... riddle me this batman.....how the hell does blues saraceno get a signature pickup?
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

by replacing a pickup with a peep? .. oh wait, don't. Your guitar will get fat like you
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I went thru that seymour duncan list...... riddle me this batman.....how the hell does blues saraceno get a signature pickup?
                Because he's a great guitar player. He got that signature pickup quite awhile ago.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Because he's a great guitar player. He got that signature pickup quite awhile ago.
                    +1 That things been out since he was playing a Plaid Yamaha.
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      +1 That things been out since he was playing a Plaid Yamaha.
                      It sure has. I've always wanted to try that pickup. I used to have a Yamaha RGZ that I loved, and I also wanted the Blues Model... just not plaid!

Comment

It sure has. I've always wanted to try that pickup. I used to have a Yamaha RGZ that I loved, and I also wanted the Blues Model... just not plaid!
                        I had a PATB3 in an old Ibanez I bought used off of a friend. It was an old RG 470L. I thought it was a nice pick up. It was really sweet sounding but it was light on mids. I would've rocked the shit out of that Plaid Yamaha he played!

Comment

Hmmm, I thought the PATB3 was supposed to have a more honky sound and was a little heavier on the mids. I did have a PATB2 in my RR1T I sold earlier this year, and that thing was pretty brutal sounding!

Comment

Hmmm, I thought the PATB3 was supposed to have a more honky sound and was a little heavier on the mids. I did have a PATB2 in my RR1T I sold earlier this year, and that thing was pretty brutal sounding!
                            Yeah? I almost bought a PATB2 for my Zazz strat, but I chickened out and got a PATB1 instead. It's a bit mellower as I understand it, but is killer. I'd like to try the PATB2 though.

Comment

I actually wanted the PATB1, but got the 2 in a trade deal and really loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X