Single coil suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single coil suggestions.

I need some suggestions for single coils. Want a real single coil sound not a hot rail cool rail type mini hum. For some reason I prefer Duncan's over Dimarzios as far as hums. Most of my guitars have stock singles as I don't use them that much but I need pups for a S/S/S guitar. The little I've used quarter pounders I liked them.

I really like the Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues.

Comment

I had a Duncan Alnico II Pro single in an H/S/H Brian Moore guitar that sounded really nice.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I had a Duncan Alnico II Pro single in an H/S/H Brian Moore guitar that sounded really nice.
        +1 I have that pick up and it's killer. I also like the Duncan YMJ Fury STK-S10, and the Classic stack plus-STK-S4 and the Custom Flat-SSL-6
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I love the Dimarzio Area and Virtual Vintage pickups (Area 67 and Virtual Vintage 54 Pro). They really capture the Strat tone I've been chasing for years, in a noise-canceling single coil. My next Charvel is getting an Injector Neck (bridge), an Area 67 (middle) and Area 61 (neck).

Comment

Dimarzio Area 67's rock!

Comment

I like a straight set of SSL1's, also like Eric Johnson style wiring on another guitar which can make things sounds quarky. I'II have to try some of all these. ^.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

the dimarzios already mentioned are all nice. personally, i LOVE using fender '57/'62 singles in my guitars.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'd love to try the BKP Sinners. They are true single coils, but wound hot as hell. I might do a HSS build with them someday.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    the dimarzios already mentioned are all nice. personally, i LOVE using fender '57/'62 singles in my guitars.
                    Are they real old ones or new versions made by fender? I had a strat copy w fenders Texas specials that I liked.

Comment

the '57/'62 is what fender used to put in their american vintage reissues before they came out with so many pick up choices - if i recall they were more prevelant in the '80's and early '90s. i have a real '62 strat and the '57/'62 really nails that gorgeous sound - especially the neck position. i use the middle position single a lot on my strats, and the tone from the '57/'62 is throaty, just like on the original. paired up with a JB, a custom 5, a custom, or a custom/custom (all humbuckers i use in HS or HSS guitars) gives me very useable tones. i don't split the humbucker, and the sound is quite awesome.

apparently they are still available. my attitude about single coils has always been that fenders sound the best. i think dimarzio makes the next best, but find seymour duncan's singles to be lacking....

http://www.fender.com/accessories/pi...kups-set-of-3/
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Check out Lollars....GREAT pickups!!

Comment

Working...
                        X