JT580LP copies that are worth a damn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580LP copies that are worth a damn?

I've been wondering if there are any trems out there that are good trems, that will fit in the 580lp route, and also have the saddles that angle upward in the back? I use that small rise of the saddle to keep my hand orientation over the strings. I never really noticed it until playing a guitar with an OFR on it. With an OFR or any trem where the tops of the saddles sit at the same height and are continuous with the height of the strings my hand seems to creep towards the back of the bridge. With the saddles that angle upward on the 580lp its become second nature to use that small rise as a reference with it ever resgistering that I'm doing it.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Out of curiosity, do all your '94 Dinkys have a JT580LP? With the squared instead of angled baseplate? If so, you have the best quality LP trems I've played..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yeah, both have the square base plate. And I agree that they're the best of the model. The one that's on the dinky I bought new in early 95 has been rock solid stable and has taken a hell of a beating in the almost 20 years I've owned it. If I could find these year terms in decent used shape I'd buy them but its all the newer angled plates that are for sale. I know the knife edges on these won't last forever so I was curious what might be out there with the same angled saddles that I'm used to.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

The Floyd Rose PRO low profile may fit your need. I sold the one I had but the specs are all over and you could match those to your LT580LP. It was in place of a JT590 and fit the route. A bit closer to one side but it fit. Pics are on Henriks site. I have a square plate JT580LP sitting on my desk at home right now. If I remember I'll check some measurements tomorrow..

Comment

The JT 580 LP is a great trem I have abused mine a lot and it never failed to work.
          The knife edges on mine are still good after 21 years. I did wear out the pivot studs and replaced them with OFR studs.
          OFR lo pro is just as good.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I thought about the OFR lo Pro but the saddles look like they sit at the same level as the strings just like the OFR. I prefer the saddles to slant upwards at the string lock like the 580lp. However, I cant find a straight on side shot of the OFR LO pro so if anyone can get a straight on side pic of one I'd really appreciate it.
            My Toys:
            '94 Dinky HX in Black
            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

The OFR lopro saddles do sit up in the back.
              Here is my 92 Fusion H-H with the OFR lo pro.
              Excuse the dust she has had a hard life.
              Attached Files
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Straycat - Can you take a straight on pic from the top of that? I want to see how it fits the route. And what was in there originally? JT590? JT580LP?

Comment

Working...
                X