Does anyone know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know...

how or where I can order an USA Jackson/Charvel toggle switch metal tophat knob in gold finish?
    Last edited by walshula; 10-22-2013, 10:02 PM.
    I like black and white guitars

By tophat, do you mean the one that comes on the SL2H for example?

If so, your best bet is eBay. The switch tip is proprietary to Charvel/Jackson, and I have been told by others on here that they are not available from any supplier

They are pricey on the bay used, but I have picked up a few over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      By tophat, do you mean the one that comes on the SL2H for example?

If so, your best bet is eBay. The switch tip is proprietary to Charvel/Jackson, and I have been told by others on here that they are not available from any supplier

They are pricey on the bay used, but I have picked up a few over the years.
      Yes exactly, the metal tip on the toggle switch on USA Jacksons. I have checked ebay from time to time and never seem to see them on there. I would pay nicely for a gold one if I could find one. I had a fella tell me one time he had a dealer order a black one for him for his silverswirl soloist but I don't even know of a true Jackson dealer other Guitar Center around here in the D.C. area. So I take it there isn't an outlet to order them from?

Comment

Stewmac has a bunch of them but they're plastic I think. Jackson equips their USA guitars with swithcraft switches so try them.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
          So I take it there isn't an outlet to order them from?
          Not that I could find. I asked the question here a while back, and someone here mentioned that they are not available as a separate part (even from Jackson dealers). I did a LOT of searching with no luck, so it seems accurate.

Unfortunately they don't come up on eBay often. I have seen them come up as Charvel toggle or Jackson toggle. I have found three over the years that I needed. All of them were overpriced, but none of them were gold. That could be a tough one...

Good luck. I've got a gold one on my SL2HT, but I'm keeping it

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post

Good luck. I've got a gold one on my SL2HT, but I'm keeping it
            It is probably worth it's weight in gold, forgive the pun

I do hope there is one lying around in someones tool chest or parts container that they might want to sell for $20 or so one day soon. One can dream though.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
              I do hope there is one lying around in someones tool chest or parts container that they might want to sell for $20 or so one day soon.
              You're platinum, right?

You could always throw a wanted ad up here. Wouldn't hurt, and you might get lucky.

Comment

Yeah I am platinum. I thought about going that route first but thought I could find the watering hole this way. I will throw it out there in the classifieds and see if anyone has one soon. I do know they are one of the hardest things to find for a guitar I will say. I thought the brushed cavity covers was a bitch, but damn... if these things ain't rare!!!

Comment

Agreed.

When I needed the first one it took me forever to find one. So I just kept searching for them and bought a couple more when they came up. I was glad I did, as 2 used soloists I bought someone had changed the toggle to something different. I actually still search for them because I hate not having an extra

Comment

I did find a black one on ebay under Charvel toggle but it has the switch and vloume pot for $35. I do have an extra black one and a chrome one but I am in need of a gold one, would one figure. I would trade a black one + cash for a gold one but I am sure that is a pipe dream. I more than likely will place an add in the wanted section and see if anyone has an extra one they want/will sell.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      Stewmac has a bunch of them but they're plastic I think. Jackson equips their USA guitars with swithcraft switches so try them.
                      No luck bro, thanks for the help. I swear these things are hard as shit to locate!!!

Comment

Find a machinist and take him a plastic one.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Paint the black one gold?
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've looked high and low they are awesome and I want to put one on my PRS SE Tremonti because the plastic ones keep breaking or they don't fit right. I did find one in metal but it doesn't look like the J/C ones
                            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              Paint the black one gold?
                              You could strip the paint and get one of those nickel to chrome kits they sell at jewelry stores. Are the tips painted black? I have a chrome one
                              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                              X