FU-tone floyd blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FU-tone floyd blocks

I was about to buy a Floyd sustain block from Floyd Upgrades and saw they have copper blocks now. Has anyone tried the copper instead of the brass? Can't find any reviews of the copper on YouTube at all.
    It's pronounced soops

Hopefully they coat it with something. Copper is more conductive than brass, and more prone to corrosion. Add a sweaty player and you are adding the potential for all kinds of galvanic reaction nastiness
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Hopefully they coat it with something. Copper is more conductive than brass, and more prone to corrosion. Add a sweaty player and you are adding the potential for all kinds of galvanic reaction nastiness
      Very true also brass is a little harder then copper
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I think brass is the easy go-to. Sounds good. Adds mass without a ton of weight. Wears okay. Not overly expensive.

After all, that's what OFRs come with (in normal size).

As I've said many times before, I've played extensively with big blocks and have come to the conclusion that factory OFR blocks are fine for me. The big blocks do sound a bit different, but it's subtle and whether it is better or worse is subjective to the listener and depends on the particular guitar. Most importantly, if I have a Floyd I want it floating with plenty of pull-up range and a big block reduces pull-up range by too much on some guitars.

As always, YMMV. Lot of folks swear by the big blocks.

Comment

I need a 42mm block so figured I may as well give it a go
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Never been a fan of the big block for the same reason Chad said. Messes with the range of the tremelo.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X