Screw size for top mount OFR nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw size for top mount OFR nut?

I just picked up an OFR from Warmoth and it didn't come with the screws for top mounting the nut. I've found a couple of vendors that sell the screws ($2.80 minimum for two, plus shipping) but if I can just go to the hardware store and buy them, I'd rather do that. Unfortunately I've scoured the 'net and not been able to find out what size they are. Anyone privy to this info, I'd appreciate sharing it.

I actually have an old Kramer sitting right in front of me with the wood screws in the body! If you want I can take one out and measure it for you.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Thanks Lefty but just to make sure, I'm talking about the screws that allow the OFR nut to be attached to the neck on top as opposed to through the back of the neck. From what you're describing, you're talking about the pivot screws at the bridge.

Comment

I think any screws that fit through the holes of the nut would do.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I think any screws that fit through the holes of the nut would do.
          Don, don't make things so simple. Seriously, I'm just trying to get the right ones on the first try, that's all. I don't have any time to screw around (no pun intended). I know they're not special screws in any way which is why I was just looking for the size.

Comment

Don's correct.

I did just get a couple original floyd nuts in, so I measured the top mount screws. They are #4 and are 5/8" long.

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
              Don's correct.

I did just get a couple original floyd nuts in, so I measured the top mount screws. They are #4 and are 5/8" long.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                Thanks Lefty but just to make sure, I'm talking about the screws that allow the OFR nut to be attached to the neck on top as opposed to through the back of the neck. From what you're describing, you're talking about the pivot screws at the bridge.
                Yes I was sorry for the confusion bro.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X