Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, High Output Pickups required for Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, High Output Pickups required for Soloist?

Looking for a Pickup for the bridge of my really bright Poplar MIJ Soloist XL Pro. I tried the Transition- too spikey in this guitar. I tried the AT-1 just tonight, and thats not my bag at all- just belched mids any everything goes into OTT harmonics , again, in this guitar.So I get the idea to try the Breed neck in the bridge of the Soloist.

First off, I'm very hesitant to use Medium output pickups for a heavy Metal Axe like the Soloist. Is this a rational skepticism? My frist thought is to use a high output pickup- maybe try the Super3 like Collen in his Superstrats.

Second of all, I LOVE this Breed Neck pickup in the bridge. It says everything I wanted it to say. I had also tried the PATB-3, which warmed up the guitar just beautifully, but there was no low end , like that kind of Les Paul low end presence, but the Breed neck brought that, and although it isn't as amazingly crunchy and warm as the PatB-3, it sings incredibly, and does not have too toppy a high end, and Im just thrilled with it.

Finally, I am thinking of maybe trying the Breed Bridge in the bridge,because of the higher output. Problem is, I see the Breed Bridge has scads more mids than the Breed neck. I am thinking it will be brighter than the Breed neck..true?

Now first thing of course is going to be the obligatory schmucks come along saying they use Low output PAF's. I know this is coming, and please don't. Keep it to yourself with that crap.Thanks
    ( those of you who I got off on the wrong foot with, I don't hold a grudge, do you? please save your venomous retorts.)
    Last edited by MegloManiac; 09-27-2013, 10:06 PM.

super distortion. the super 3 has really high mids. higher output then the breed too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      super distortion. the super 3 has really high mids.
      Oddly the SDIII works wonders on my RR1

Another pickup to get some of those highs out might be the SD Custom Custom
      it's not THE highest output P'up, but 'll get the job done
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

You don't hold a grudge? Then why did you send me a private message telling me to leave the forum like you own it? In the same message I got to read that "I am an amateur" in your opinion. I am a "troll" and how you're a guitar god with so much experience. How is it you know so much about me when we've never met? If you're so intelligent why can't you find a truss rod wrench that fits your guitar or a good pick up and why can't you adjust a Floyd Rose bridge properly? People were nothing but nice to you when you first joined this forum until you started telling tenured members to leave and making idol threats. I'm surprised anyone's even still commenting on anything you've posted after the way you've disrespected Straycat, DonP, myself and a myriad of other members. Also why don't you try a low output PAF in your guitar. This isn't a "venomous retort" either, it's just the truth.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 09-29-2013, 11:53 PM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Uh, why would you bother replying after I told you he was banned two days ago?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Uh, why would you bother replying after I told you he was banned two days ago?
            My bad Toejam!! I totally forgot about that. Sorry bro.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Comment

Why doesn't it say banned by his name?
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

yea, man. Where's his nutnoose?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                        Why doesn't it say banned by his name?
                        Happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Happy now?
                          Thank you

Comment

My pleasure!

Comment

I haven't seen anything else that dude posted, but....It must be reasonable to assume if you are banned here after only 53 posts.....your kind of ...a dick.....lol
                              Last edited by dvscool; 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM.
                              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X