Wiring Diagram For 91 Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram For 91 Soloist

I have a 91 soloist that has some electrical issues & was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for it.

It's an HSS with 3 pots and a 5 way switch. Two of the pots look like regular pots and the other is some funky looking thing.

Here's a couple of pics inside the control cavity.

ok - the "funky" looking pot is a push pull pot......

Comment

I don't think any of that is original. Why is there a battery holder?

What model is this EXACTLY?

And while we are at it, please describe exactly what is wrong. I don't see any obvious issues.

Comment

Some early 90's Jacksons had a JE-1000/1200/1500 wah/boost circuit, powered by a 9v battery. The holder was probably put in there to stop the battery from rattling about.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-27-2013, 07:26 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That clip is the battery holder.
          The 5 ways switch is an Asian model of some sort my guess the original wiring looks to have been removed.
          Thats a push pull pot.
          What issue are you having please explain.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

DonP - its a neck through USA soloist.

The issues are that the volume pot is noisy, the pots look like some cheap asian stuff & you have to pull up on the push/pull to get both coils of the humbucker; in the down position you only get a single coil. The other issue is the battery clip not being used - making me think that what's in here is not original.

I want to put it back to what it was originally. Hence the request for the wiring diagram. If I can't find one I guess I'll wire it like a HSS strat with 1 vol, two tone and use the push pull for a coil tap.

Comment

my 91 is wired HSS, master volume, Tone, Tone. Stock EMG's.
              >^v^<

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                Thanks for the replies.

DonP - its a neck through USA soloist.

The issues are that the volume pot is noisy, the pots look like some cheap asian stuff & you have to pull up on the push/pull to get both coils of the humbucker; in the down position you only get a single coil. The other issue is the battery clip not being used - making me think that what's in here is not original.

I want to put it back to what it was originally. Hence the request for the wiring diagram. If I can't find one I guess I'll wire it like a HSS strat with 1 vol, two tone and use the push pull for a coil tap.
                With that battery clip in there, it originally had a boost circuit of some sort.

You can reverse the push pull so that in the down position it is humbucking.

You can spray out the pots with contact cleaner. Or simply replace them with 500K quality CTS pots.

In the picture, the pots look "small" like the ones that com in MIJ Jacksons. If you buy replacements make sure the pot shaft matches the hole in the guitar or you will have problems mounting the replacements.

Both Stray and I have suspicions about this being a real USA. And chance it was "faked" from a MIJ to look like a USA? Does the serial number look messed with? How does the headstock look?

But USA and MIJ Jacksons had that "neck scoop" around the early 90's, so it is hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  With that battery clip in there, it originally had a boost circuit of some sort.

You can reverse the push pull so that in the down position it is humbucking.

You can spray out the pots with contact cleaner. Or simply replace them with 500K quality CTS pots.

In the picture, the pots look "small" like the ones that com in MIJ Jacksons. If you buy replacements make sure the pot shaft matches the hole in the guitar or you will have problems mounting the replacements.

Both Stray and I have suspicions about this being a real USA. And chance it was "faked" from a MIJ to look like a USA? Does the serial number look messed with? How does the headstock look?

But USA and MIJ Jacksons had that "neck scoop" around the early 90's, so it is hard to say.

The headstock looks fine as well as the serial number.

I just looked at the 91 catalog scan and saw that that year came with Jackson badged pickups. This one has Duncans in it so obviously all the electronics were gutted at one point & replaced.

Guess I'll just replace the pots & switch with some quality stuff, pass on the boost circuit, and call it a day.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X